BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keep your hands off me, you filthy human!
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:47:32 -0700
Good Afternoon:
Take a look at a HEK mast climber at http://www.hek.com/ We used one of
these on a 14 story structure a couple of years ago, The work platform is
strong and stable and we were dismantling and re-erecting over a2 day period
with 5 men.

The device can be configured to project out into recesses on the facade. We
rigged so that we could move quickly up and down the facade and, when at the
location we were working, install additional planks so that no waste
materials fell below.

We had five men, equipment, and tools on the platform. Rental costs were
high ($6000 US/month)
but it came in much lower than scaffolding a building we could not put swing
staging on.

A number of different manufacturers exist for these units.

Ken Johnson