BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:12:11 +1100
Ralph

Of course its boring down here.
Why otherwise would I spend so much time reading all of the crap that you
post?

As for visiting granite quarries when I travel ...
maybe I'm just a voyeur ...
who likes watching other people get their rocks off (?out)?

Some people aim to climb the tallest mountains on each continent ...
I just aim to visit granite quarries on each continent ...
and then be involved with buildings using the granite extracted from the
quarry.
So far I have managed 4 of the 7 - only Africa, South America and Antarctica
to go.

Don't know what I will do when I get to Antarctica ...
last I heard there weren't any quarries down there ...
though one famous Australian did bring back quite a few rocks after his
visits in 1928-30 (or thereabouts).

Speaking of which ...
his huts at Commonwealth Bay are currently the subject of major conservation
works ...
really interesting exercise in conservation philosophy!

Cheers

david