From:
Brice Mijares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 08:06:03 -0700
fOR GIVE ME FOR MY MISTAKE, it's been awhile since I took the test.  For
some reason I had thought that the math questions were excluded but I was
wrong.  Here below is a portion of excluded questions.
            SNIP!!!!!
Blind-excluded questions from the Amateur Radio Question & Answer Pools,
effective
April 15, 2000
Thanks to Bart J. Jahnke, W9JJ, Manager of the ARRL VEC, for this list.
A few notes from Pat Tice, WA0TDA, HANDIHAM Manager:
We often hear from blind hams or persons who for some reason cannot read
regular
print.  A common question is, "Will I be able to have someone read the test
to me?"
The answer is yes, but exactly how this accommodation is handled will be up
to the
VE team.  You should inform the team's contact person before the testing
date that
you cannot read regular print and wish to have the exam read to you.  You
should
also request an exam without graphics.  Most VE teams will accommodate these
requests
if you explain the situation and call in advance, so that preparations can
be made.
 The FCC does not require that certain questions be excluded for blind test
takers;
 this is done as a courtesy and a practical method of accommodating a person
with
a disability.
Another question we often get is the one about mathematical formulae in
questions.
 "If a question has a formula in it and requires me to do calculations, is
it excluded
from the test for a blind person?"
The answer is no.  You are responsible for any question that might have a
formula.
 Only questions with diagrams are excluded, not ones with formulae.
However, you
should be allowed to use a talking calculator, though you must tell the VE
team so
that they can make plans to place you in a part of the test area where noise
will
not be a problem, and your calculator will not disturb other test-takers.
Technician - These are excluded:
T6A02=T6-1
T6A04=N6-2
T6A06=N6-1
T6A08=N6-1
T6B03=N6-1
T6B04=N6-1
T6B05=N6-3
T6B06=T6-2
T6B07=T6-2
T7A05=N7-1
T7A06=N7-1
T7A07=N7-2
T7A08=N7-3
T7B02=T7-1
T7B03=T7-1
T7B04=T7-2
T7B05=T7-2
T7B06=T7-3
General - Note:  There are no graphics with the General pool, so no
questions will
be excluded.  You may be testing on any question from the General pool.
Extra - These are excluded:
E5C05=E5-1
E5C06=E5-1
E5C07=E5-1