From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:20:49 -0500
Hi Don;

I've been a ham for nine years or so.  I am probably an infant compared to a
lot of people on this list and, I say that with all the respect I have.

Anyway, I have found that KENWOOD equipment is about the best in the hobby.

It is more than user friendly for a blind ham like myself and, the
selectivity and sensitivity suits my purposes just fine.

Also, the transmit audio is great.  I believe it to be studio or, broadcast
quality.

For these reasons, I would recommend the KENWODD TM-V7A.  This radio,
commonly known as the blue-faced KENWOOD will let you monitor both bands at
the same time and you could also use crossband repeat.

A companion alternative is the TH-G707A.  This radio is also a dual-bander
however, you cannot monitor both bands at the same time.  However, they both
have tone encode and decode and they will scan for PL tones as well.

They both use the VS3 voice chip.  The TM-G707A I understand will read out
the pl tones.

However, if you get the cloning cable you could input all your information
and the software is user friendly with JAWS.

I own the TM-V7A and I am quite happy with its performance.

If I could be of any further assistance, please let me know.

73 DE ANTHONY W2AJV