Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Tom Billiodeaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:35:24 -0600
This is a real good illistrated link for network help.
www.practicallynetworked.com
Also microsoft has some helpful articles concerning TCP/IP, Netbios.

What Ed is describing is in your properties section found by dbl clicking
your network connection (once you get to that screen) and then rt.clicking
for properties, advanced, \
You will see TCP/IP as a protocol.
Click on that and under advanced, you will see an option to either enter
your IP address or allow automatic settings (DHCP, domain host control
protocol).
Then your IP addresses will be automatically given out.
Without knowing more about your o/s, connections, settings, it is difficult
to know what will or won't work.

Sometimes it may be easier to config using your own settings (static) and
not DHCP.  That is a different story.

LEt me know if i can be further help, but I am not a tech and very limited
in network knowledge.

>From: Ed Wise <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] network modem sharing
>Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 23:32:43 EST
>
>In a message dated 2/17/2002 7:15:45 PM Central Standard Time, PHoganDive
>writes:
>

> > The simplest setup would be to configure the internet "server" for DHCP,
> > then the other computers would just get the necessary TCP/IP parameters
> > from the "server". (I use this method, and it works fine).
> >

>Peter,
>What exactly would this entail?  Are we talking checking off the DHCP box
>on
>the "server" and everything would happen automatically?  If not, what else
>would I have to do?  What software are you using?
>TIA,
>Ed
>Ed Wise, Ph.D.
>Mental Health Resources
>1027 S. Yates Rd.
>Memphis, TN 38119
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml