Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jeff Krukin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 06:53:13 -0500
Hello,

I have WIN2000 Pro w/Service Pack 2 on a 2-month old IBM NetVista 6792-11U with the following monitor and driver:
IBM 9511 T540 TFT flat screen
NVIDIA Vanta (IBM) V1.4.1.0 dated 6/25/01

Sometimes when I hit the power switch to resume from standby mode, the display is black except for the Windows start bar.  The wallpaper is gone.  All applications that were left open at the time standby was started work fine, but once opened in a window they cannot be minimized.  The window image remains even though the minimize button is used.  This started after I used http://updates.cnet.com/ to scan for updates and installed a new video driver.  I attempted to fix the problem by installing the latest video driver from the IBM website over this driver.  Note that I did not first remove the ol
d driver, I installed over it.  That did not help, so I used the "Update Driver" function in the Device Manager>Display Adapter>Properties>Driver tab.

Thank you.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com