From:
Kelli Wages <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 21:13:12 -0500

I received several responses about my eye question regarding uveitis and
poor night vision.

Here they are:

Many people have poor night vision, most likely related to
malabsorption.

One has episcleritis, which is an eye disease related to rheumatoid
arthritis.  Both are autoimmune diseases.

Some people say that eye problems are related to CD, some say no.
Apparently, Sjorgen's Disease is related to CD.  Sjorgen's Disease makes
your eyes dry (scratchy, itchy) and vision can be blurred.

Some listmates have problems with aching and blurriness.

Many say to eat carrots and drink carrot juice (if you don't happen to
be allergic, like I am).  Taking a multivitamin is a must.  Bilberry and
lutein were also suggested.

A few have Iritis, which is inflammation of the iris (colored part) of
the eye.  Uveitis is inflammation of the retina.  Both are related and
autoimmune diseases.

One person mentioned Fuch's dystrophy, where the cornea is affected.

One person said vision blurred after ingesting gluten (I have also had
this problem).

Quite a few listmates said there is some kind of test for autoimmune
diseases of the eye.  I don't remember the names.

I didn't receive any doctor referrals.  The best thing to do is to quiz
your eye doctor the next time you go.

I hope I covered everything.  If you have any questions, just let me
know:)

Thank you to all!

Kelli/Michigan