EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:06:36 -0800
I partially agree with David but only partially.  The screen readers I've
used in recent years have no trouble with layout tables.  However I can't
tell the future and would hate to give up information that could someday
prove to be important.

In principle the screen reader should let me decide whether to display this
extra information.  It probably will, but I probably will have no clue how
to exercise my options.  I'm already on brain overload and still only know
just a small fraction of all the neat things that my screen reader can
do  for me.  That's why I partially agree with David.  If I don't need it,
I sure don't want to be bothered with yet more noise.

This didn't help, did it Alan?  Sorry.

John

At 09:42 PM 2/17/2003 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
>I see no value for this at all.  It clutters the braille display for one
>thing and Where I have seen it all over the place, some times half a dozen
>times on a page, it is a down right nuisence.

John Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-6507
tel: (541) 737 3278