EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"David R. Stong" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 11:05:38 -0500
>There is a difference between complying with guidelines and actually
>improving the usability for people with disabiltiies.

Jon, this is a valid point that I find I always run up against. Do
you maintain any resources that point out the discrepancies between
what works and what's recommended? A collection of W3C guideline
approved, 508 Regulation compliant inaccessible pages would be
incredibly useful.

My personal feeling is that Web information must be accessible,
regardless of standards and guidelines that are awaiting future
usability. Often, people prefer to stop when guidelines are met and
potential lawsuit is avoided. Some sort of resource, even a list of
non-functional guidelines, would be a big help.

--
David R. Stong, Graphic Designer
225 Computer Building, University Park PA