From:
Laurie Carollo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:13:11 -0600

Dear Listmates,

I read the question about Tootsie Pops being gf well after the required
deadline, but thought this info might help those of you preparing for
Halloween.  I received this response from Tootsie Rolls Industry, Inc.
in September 2001, after asking the usual questions.  They have a
website:  www.tootsie-roll.com.

Thank you for requesting a listing of all gluten-free products
manufactured by our company. We are delighted to be able to inform you
that, at this time, to the very best of our knowledge, all of our
confections are gluten free.  We do not use wheat, barley, rye, oats,
triticale, spelt or any of their components and that includes our
dusting on our conveyor belts.  We do use corn and soy products in the
manufacturing of our products.  A listing of our products follows.

Sincerely,
TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES, INC.

Product List
Tootsie Rolls Tootsie Pops
Flavor Roll Twisties Tootsie Peppermint Pops
Frooties Caramel Apple Pops
Dots Mutant Fruitant Pops
Crows Orange Cream Pops
Tropical Dots Fruit Smoothie Pops