From:
Vicki Gainsberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:52:05 EDT

Hi Everyone-

I am very confused and need your help.  Here is the situation.  In April I
had all my blood worked up and it was found that my TSH was low (.02) and my
Free T4 and T3 total were normal (1.4 and 168 respectively).  The normal
range is .8-1.8 for T4 and 60-181 for T3.  I also had a thyroid scan and
uptake which were all normal (25%).  My doctor told me we will wait and
recheck everything in 3-4 months.  Well, I just got my test results back from
the endocrinologist I went to (he is very versed in CD).  The TSH came back
even lower at <.001, my free T4 was normal at 1.4 and my free T3 was elevated
at 481 (the range is 230-420, different from the other T3 test I took - the
first was total and this one was free).  I am going to have to look into
this.  So my diagnosis is hyperthyroidism/T3 toxicosis.  My thyroid is also
slightly enlarged and I occasionally get slight hand tremors.  I have no
other symptoms of this condition.  My doctor wants to put me on tapazol which
is supposed to get the thyroid down to normal.  I am very skeptical of this
and I don't know what to do.  I just found out today and I need to consult
with me PCP also.  Does anyone have any experience in this area or have any
suggestions for me?

Thank you in advance.  I will summarize the repsonses.

Vicki