From:
Kieran or Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:04:52 -0500

I have been on a GF diet for about 10 months now, self diagnosed, and the
diet got rid of most of my symptoms.  I seem to do okay with dairy, but
something, something was accounting for less than perfect days.  I think I
have pinned it down to semisweet baking chocolate, which I thought should be
safe, till I saw where ya'll had discussed vanilla.  Nestle and Baker
semisweet baking squares seem to do it, and forget chocolate chips.  But the
Baker's German sweet chocolate seems to be okay, and the only difference on
the label is the lack of vanilla.  Cocoa is also fine.

    So, what has been your experience with these products, and is vanilla
really that big a culprit?  I'm beginning to worry that I may be a whole lot
more sensitive than I thought I was, and that reading labels for wheat, MSG,
and "other natural flavors" isn't going to be good enough.

    I'll summarize for you.  Thanks!  Donna