From:
Michael Bratkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:19:33 -0700
Hey:

Has anyone ever put an AMD K6-III/333 in a socket 7, p5-133, ATX mobo?  I've thinking of upgrading, but I'm not sure whether the cpu will mate with the mobo alright.  Do I need to change the BIOS?  If so, and I
need to get back to the original BIOS and Pentium set up, is there a way to save the current BIOS settings with out writing them down manually?  Also, if my jumpers are all used for setting mHz and not voltage,
how do I set the voltage for the AMD (the manual says the voltage regulator is set at the factory and shouldn't be messed with.  I've tried gateway and they weren't much help (its a Gateway system).  In a
Gateway P5-133, ATX are the mHz jumpers just listed as that (so the user can make sense of their settings), but actually tell the voltage regulator what vdc to use?  How do I check the current (Pentium) voltage
set-up?  The AMD is rated at 2.2 v.  Will my current sound card and modem work with the AMD?  If I turn the voltage reg down, will that affect the rest of the mobo and the other boards?  If I exceed the cache
amount and the processor bus speed, will it slow the computer down?  Should I just go with a 200 Mhz Pentium off of ebay, instead of all this(the max size cpu allowed in the manual)?  So much to think about.
Thanks for any and all info.  You guys are the best.

Michael Bratkowski

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml