From:
Glenn Josephson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:39:29 -0400
Diane,
I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like the LCD panel is going bad. If
it's under warranty, I'd contact Compaq about getting it fixed. If it's not
under warranty, then good luck. Laptop displays are expensive to replace,
and not something you want to do at home. I do warranty work on Dell
computers, and I hate working on laptops, especially on the displays.

Glenn

> Hello group - I have been working on my husband's compaq presario 1625
> laptop (he got the SirC virus so I had to fix it).  Yesterday for the
first
> time, the screen now has a dark and in the top left corner about 1 inch
> wide by 3 inches long.  I can see what looks like particles streaming
> vertically up and the colour changes from dark to sort of rusty on one
> side.  Everything works on the computer but of course icons on the desktop
> in that spot or the "file" and "edit" menu selection is obscured.  Torsion
> on the screen will affect the density of darkness and will even sometimes
> momentarily remove the bar.  Or even stranger, sometimes it will clear
> spontaneously only to return again shortly.  Even when it does clear for a
> brief time, the space where it was appears seems to be bleached (for lack
> of a better word).  Is this a symptom of the screen dying?  For what it
> matters to this, all menu selections are still accessible using alt +
> letter so it isn't affecting anything except screen display (so far!!)
Has
> this happened to anyone?  What should I do?  Thanks.  Dianne Gronfors

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml