Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:47:57 -0400
>I have a couple of cable modem questions:
>1) Apparently it can be hooked into a network card, or a USB port.  I don't have a network card...will it run just as good hooked into a USB port?

>2) I have heard the best firewall protection is to purchase a broadband modem router, and then I don't need as software firewall...can anyone shed some light on that?

>Thank you so much!!
>Ira Wallin

It seems to be working for me very fine with the USB port. The maximum speed of the cable connection is slower then the max of the USB.

As far as the router - get Zone Alarm 2.6. It's free an good. Router would be very good too, but you should get it only if you want to connect more then one computer to the internet.
Good luck

Reuven Freuman                      <[log in to unmask]>

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml