From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 18:13:51 -0400
John,

On many of the newer systems, if you hold the power button in about 5-6
seconds, the pc will power off.

Do you mean that you went through 3 bad hard drives and are now on a fourth,
or that you have three drives in your system and the 3rd one died?  If so,
then you should probably remove or replace it.  If you enter setup, and this
3rd drive is manually configured, then either disable it or set it to
'auto'.

Dan

Hi,

Since my 3rd HDD died, my computer will not switch itself off after Windows
98 goes through the shut down routine, because it's a new case, I can't
switch it off manually, I have to pull the plug out, wait 30 seconds before
plugging it back in! :(

Any suggestions would be more than useful

Thanks

John P

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml