From:
Jack R Payton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 23:35:46 -0400
Hello,
> >      I hope someone can help me.  I do not know what else to do.
> I have
> an old 486 computer.  I formatted my C: drive.  I cannot load
> windows 95
> back on my drive because my cd rom will not work.  I downloaded a
> driver off
> of the internet.  My cd rom is a Mitsumi fx001d.  I went through the
> steps
> of installing it but when I reboot my computer it keeps telling me
> Device
> Driver not found.  No valid cdrom device drivers selected.  I have
> been
> working on this computer for a week.  Do you think I need to give up
> and
> trash it?  Please Help. :(
> > Signed
> > Frustrated Kat

Before you trash it, a 486 will do lots of things like word processing,
spreadsheets, database, etc if you don't need super speed, or do much
gaming or graphics. Even websurfing, if you delete lots of the web
graphics - you will need a legacy 56K modem as most new ones are
dependent on Pentium computing speed/power to function. However, you
might replace CDROM. You should be able to find a new 40x+ for from free
to $10 after rebate. The Mitsumi sounds ancient and probably gave up the
ghost.

Jack payton

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml