From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:41:19 EDT
The other day my girlfriend was playing solitaire and all of the sudden she
said the screen flickered. The result is the picture still is shown on the
screen, but the colors don't seem as vibrant and text windows or anything put
up on the screen seems to have a shadow or is smeared to both sides of the
window. The computer is still usable, just annoying.
Is this the video card going bad? My monitor going bad?
I have an HP 8562. The video card is an Nvidia Vanta that came with the
system. Monitor is a 17" Viewmate. Went to hardware profile and graphics card
has no problems.
I have a dual boot system with Win 2k and 98 and this effects both systems.

Thanks for your time,

Neal Collins

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml