From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:26:45 -0400
I would start by taking a look at some of the recommended systems that
hardware review websites offer.

Here's the latest from AnandTech:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1367&p=1 .  Looks like this one is
getting a little dated (Nov., 2000), but it gives you a place to start.  The
site also has recommendations for high end systems:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1388&p=1 .  Again this is a bit
dated now (Dec., 2000).

Perhaps someone knows of other websites with these kind of guides that would
be more up to date.

John