From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:26:11 -0500
A "function" like this is entirely dependent on the BIOS you have...
I have had computers that had NO password protection at all...
(Phoenix)
What you want is sometimes called a Set Up password, or an
administrative password.
What you want is a "blank" User password...
Some machines "might" have a rather huge selection on options
for what you can do once you "find" this section and start "drilling
down" through it...
The only way "anyone" can help further is if you can post (to the list)
the BIOS manufacturer name, and the BIOS version...
(Example: Award ver 4.51G)
That "might" get you detailed instruction from people with the same
BIOS installed...             Rick Glazier