RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:21:08 -0400
Interesting, but I really wish that DNA lasted longer ;-) I would
love to actually compare DNA scans of modern, cro magnon,
neanderthal and the various early forms of man to see what the
actual differeces are!

I know that I am fairly carniverous and like green leafies,
dairy/eggs and nuts better than fruit, grains and legumes [I have
a 'salt' or 'vinegar' tooth instead of a sweet tooth.] I do know
that the 'blood type' diets and 'racial history' diets don't seem
to work for me and that horror that the FDA is trying to get
everybody to follow sucks! [Actually, I follow a modified Atkins
regime and have no idea how I got onto this list, but the reading
is fascinating ;-)]

margali
~~~~~

the quote starts here:

but it may be that our genetic nature is more like
the hunters who ate when they found food. As civilizations began,
so also do the
problems of gathering and eating varieties together. There is no
evidence our
genetic make up has changed that much during civilization. My
point is that
certain foods, even though they might taste good at the same
time, are not well
digested with each other, e.g. fruits with meat, and I have
learned this
the hard way, so just wanted to offer it to others.

Ellie,