From:
"JOHN G. CAKARS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:05:54 -0700
Packard Bell POS, Win 95a, Maxtor 84000A, Norton SystemWorks
Pro 2000 (CrashGuard disabled)

A couple of weeks ago, Norton reported that I disk integrity
problems. So I ran Disk Doctor in Safe Mode. Then I ran Speed
Optimizer. One day, after doing this, System Doctor reported
that I had 3 lost clusters and my optimization was 99%. The
next day optimization dropped to 98% and then 97%, before I
ran Speed Optimizer.

Three days ago, Norton reported that I had a disk integrity
problem. So I ran Disk Doctor again. Then I ran Speed
optimizer. Two days after all of this, Norton reported that I
had another disk integrity problem. So, I ran NDD again.

I don't understand what is happening with my hard drive. I
have never had to run NDD in one week before. Nor have I to
run Speed Optimizer so many times recently.

Any illumination on this is greatly appreciated.