From:
"HP-P.O.S." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:51:46 -0400
 > Two days ago while in the middle of checking email and Usenet I experienced a crash.  Initial reboot found no OS installed and took multiple attempts
> before successfull startup.  Upon startup I had no network connection,  although -- aside from the afore-mentioned -- all seemed okay.  I
> reinstalled Realtek NIC and needed protocols.  Now, upon Windows startup I  get a mobile devices error (ActiveSync in installed) stating that TCP/IP
> Network Transfer Protocol not loaded; and, I cannot get onto the Internet.  Yet, I can see and access my LAN.  Anyone have any ideas?  I haven't
>swapped out NIC to confirm card yet (not too anxious to pull rack outta wall just for once machine).  TIA

>You say you've re-installed the network protocols, but the error message seems to disagree. Check to see that TCP/IP has been installed, and is linked
>to whatever device you use to access the internet (modem, network card, etc.)  I've found that NetBEUI works well for LAN use, and TCP/IP for web use.

>Peter Hogan

>I had the same problem...removed win98se and reinstalled everything again...now...OK again.

>Carlos

I can confirm that TCP/IP is installed (or rather showing up in my Network Properties) and, as always,  NetBEUI is  binded to Client For MS Nets & F/P sharing, leaving TCP/IP for external connections).  Yet error still occurs.  Looks like a reinstall may be in order; just a matter of finding time.

Ian Carmichael

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml