From:
Ed Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 12:52:02 -0500
I just installed an Intel CA810 mobo in a new case and pwr supply. Equipped it with a known good celeron 600mhz processor, 128mb pc100 ram (also known good),and, a new 10gb hd and, 1.44 floppy and, new cd-rom. I've got the Intel driver cd that came with the mobo. After making all the connections and triple checking them, I proceeded to fire up the beast. The first thing I observed was that the Power-on led did not light. I checked the polarity twice according to the diagram. It was correct.  The second thing I observed is that the stand-by power led installed on this board was lit. The hd and cd-rom searched and then stopped. There is no video post or anything else on the screen either. Since I can't get this machine to post, I can't get into Bios or do anything else except sit and stare  at a blank screen. There was no post "beep" as wel
l. I checked with Intel and they assured me that this board would support up to 700mhz both ppga and fcpga. I tried the new case power supply with other boards and it works fine. I also tried all the components on other mobos and systems and they all work fine. What am I doing wrong?  Has anyone else ever  had this problem? I hope someone can help me.  Thanks  Ed Bogert