From:
Rebecca Fincher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:34:03 -0500
Yesterday my mother-in-law, who has diabetes, had a ham sandwich with only
one slice of bread and a bowl of fresh strawberries for lunch.  At 5:00 she
checked her blood sugar and it was 55.  She commented to Becky (my
brother-in-law's wife) that that "just goes to show that you need
carbohydrates".  (And had some potato salad to get her blood sugar back up.)
She explained to me that Becky was recently diagnosed with hypoglycemia, the
source of her migraine headaches.  The headaches went away when she began to
substitute artificial sweetner for sugar and eat snacks between meals.  Then
her doctor put her on the Atkins' diet, but her headaches returned. They
have been talking about how this proves that you need carbos.

I'm just wondering if anyone who has any experience with this might offer
another explanation as to why Becky's migraines returned.  Anyone out there
using paleo diet or something similar to manage hypoglycemia?