From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 22:25:12 EDT
Thank you for responding -- I truly appreciate you taking the time to give
your thoughts/suggestions.

I've posted my diet and supplements before but here it goes again -- it's
basically:

Tons of fish, especially sardines; only organic chicken, ostrich, grass fed
beef and buffalo, organic eggs, lots of non starchy veggies, olive oil,
macadamia nuts, 3 tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseeds for the fiber, tiny
amounts of berries and an occassional fruit binge which I will stop now that
it's winter, lots of green tea and water.  Supplements:
multi-vit/anti-oxidant, extra E, extra C, L-Carnitine, alpha lipoic acid,
co-q10 and extra fish oil, MSM, cal/mag when I remember.  I was also taking
others like pantethine, borage, L-lysine, cysteine, biotin and extra b
complex which I have since stopped.  I am really trying to taper my
supplement regimine down.  I had been taking some of the aforementioned to
see if they would help with hair loss but they have not so I stopped them.
   Since my last post, I've been searching on the internet
and found some studies suggesting that fish oil can actually raise LDL.
Perhaps I was really overdoing it ie eating oily fish and daily sardines plus
supplementing with fish oil supplements.  Maybe the extra omega 3 was useful
when I was losing the bulk of the weight I wanted to lose but now it's
overkill.  Thoughts?