Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:12:06 -0700
What types of fat can be used in the making of pemmican?  What is the
ratio of fat to meat?  We are unable to get grass fed beef at this time
due to the high cost of purchasing it in bulk, but we can get emu -
although not grass fed.  Would ground emu work?  It is extremely lean
and we don't have access to emu fat.   Is the fat from store bought beef
safe to use?  I have heard that all of the chemicals, antibiotics, etc.
concentrate in the fat.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Lori