From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:20:14 -0700
Dori wrote:
>Color me stupid, but what is it?  All I know about bannock is that
they
>named a street after it in my neighborhood.

LOL sorry Dori; I guess that's what they call a cultural assumption.
Bannock, also known as fry bread, is made with white flour, lard, and
water.  (Some add milk, salt, eggs.)  The dough is kneaded into a thick
round/oval shape, and fried or deep fried.  It is dense, with the
consistency of a scone. It is served with butter or jam.

Cheyenne

http://buzz.yahoo.com/