David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 09:34:17 -0700
At 09:32 PM 05/28/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>The definitions as given have nothing at all to do with that which you are
>discussing...unless crystallization is considered a synonym of Star Trek like
>morphing, which certainly would not be the intent of that reference book.
>Some germs cause some diseases in some people. Pleomorphism is a clearly
>defined biological concept. This is all independent of your ideas.

        I don't know about the Star Trek thing of which you speak but I do know
that germs never have nor will they ever cause a disease. If you were
hermetically sealed upon passing you would already contain everything with
in you to begin the process of bacterial breakdown even in supposed sterile
environments. What do you suppose is the outcome of the disease theory of
disease? If you can identify and vilify a specific outside invader you can
design and sell a specific drug to treat the supposed outcome of an
infection from the outside in. Having an idea or theory that is counter to
the illogic that has been placed in the American psyche is tantamount to
slapping your mother.
        The changing of one cell type to another according to environmental
condition speaks volumes for improving our adaptability to the environment
instead of attempting to control the environment to suit us. Or as B.J.
Palmer put it:" The germ is an established scientific fact. That he is,
that he exists, is indisputable. You have rats around garbage barrels too,
but they don't put the garbage there. They're scavengers, drawn by the
scent of decay. So are germs. There is not a single germ in the world that
ever caused dis-ease. Physicians say there is. They try to wag the dog by
the tail."

Dave