From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 08:24:51 -0600
Ken Stuart wrote:
(along with a lot of excellent advice)

> Once you get beyond the principles of the Paleo Diet, then you simply will get
> swallowed by the list members over their years spent immersed in popular culture
> (a good example is your reference to "organic", an ideological term that has
> little meaning in practical application).

This criticism of "organic" may have been true 40 years ago, but now there are
numerous excellent certification agencies, so "organic" does mean that the food
was raised without chemical fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.  And I for one
am happy to be eating foods without the dozens to hundreds of poisonous
chemicals on it and in it which not only are not paleo, but were not in food even 60

years ago.  This is only "ideological" if you are DuPont or one of the other
multinational corporations that make this stuff and promote it to farmers.

Lynnet