From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:05:49 -0700
> Eventually, it is claimed, he was able to
> >lift and carry a full size bull!
>
> I only work my calves once a week, on Wednesday.

I generally work calves twice per week in a strength
training fashion. But, I work calves daily in an
endurance training fashion (walking, etc.). I'm not
sure what your point is....

What I do know is that during my teens I did a lot of
backpacking (probably well over 1000 miles total), and
my legs and lower back got pretty strong. When you
hike up and down hills with a 40-50 lb pack on your
back your legs can't help getting stronger. Is it the
same as *absolute* leg strength? No. But of all the
exercises I've done, I would consider that the most
paleo :)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/