BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:32:29 -0500
hello everyone,

here is the specific address to download the fixer for this virus if you got
one of the messages from svante:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/w32.badtrans.b@mm
.removal.tool.html

it's free and you don't have to have norton to use it...

and two things you should note:

the virus sends itself to people in your system who have sent you mail which
is still there but UNREAD...  so use your mailer program's command to "mark
all read" in case you get it -- as I said in my first message below, I
DIDN"T open the attachment on "svante"'s mail, and I still got infected
somehow  (the attachments on both messages were .txt files, and showed as
being 0 kb in size, so go figure?)

change ALL your passwords if you got one of the messages, because even if
you didn't spread it on to others, the Trojan Horse portion may have sent
your passwords on to the hackers within the first 30 seconds of your system
being infected....

deb