BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 15:33:43 -0400
The WWII warbirds are an interesting group.  They do have a concern that the
country will soon forget what they did for us back then.  I suspect the
History Channel will help to keep some of their stories alive, at least the
more compelling ones (or those that make good TV).

There was a group of them out at Geneseo Airp[ort for a while.  They had
some dissention within their ranks and some left for Palmyra, I believe, and
the bulk of them went down to Elmira (it seems like the whole group left to
go somewhere and then they split up).  I think the guy that ran the field at
Geneseo got them chewing on each other, or at least I seem to recall there
was some problem with that field.  They invest a lot of time and money
restoring their planes...

The Glenn Curtiss Museum in Hammondsport is supposed to be a good one to
check out for olde aviation/motorcycle stuff...

Have you had anymore thoughts about taking to the skies yourself?  You might
consider a "glider school vacation" at Harris Hill, Elmira.  I imagine it's
pretty tough for you to get away for several days during the summer, what
with that being the peak construction season...