Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:14:59 +1000
7bit
From:
Joshua Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Suzanne.

The monitor problem sounds like you may have:
1) A faulty video card.
2) A faulty monitor.
3) A fault on the connection between the video card & the motherboard.

My first suggestion would be to have your video card checked. If there is a
problem with the card, it might be making the monitor turn off, or go blank,
as the video card is what sends the information to the monitor, if this is
broken, then the monitor will not function correctly. The video card is
basically your monitors engine :) - Video cards are quiet cheap, and maybe
even worth replacing if it continues.

My second guess would be the monitor maybe faulty, but this is unlikely, as
the monitor does display at first, then shuts off.

Last but not least, it could be the connection between the motherboard and
the video card, try changing the video card to another slot on the
motherboard, this will determine if it's the connection between the video
card and the motherboard playing up. Lets hope this one isn't the case.

As for your PC freezing, Are you running a lot of programs at once?, do you
have an up to date virus checker on your machine? are the programs that are
installed on the machine installed correctly? a lot of things can cause
computer locks ups, please give me more details.

Cheers,

Joshua.