Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Demetri Kolokotronis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:41:33 -0400
Booting stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data..."

Installing Win98 Boot Disk , balks as DrvSpace is installed. Commands
normally enabled with c:\ prompt, such scandisk require typing
c:\windows\command. Way to change that? Getting command prompt, get
message "Insufficient memory to run Windows. Reconfigure your system to
have at least 335kb free memory".  In mem have dblspace 110,160k. Change
that to upper memory? How? Have smartdrv 98,304k. Eliminate or move to
upper memory? How? I presume oakcdrom 36,064k and mscdex 32,384k must be
kept. Can they be moved to upper memory? How? System has 128MB RAM.
Win98. I am trying to use a small hard drive while large hard drive is
being warranty serviced.

Config. sys has only two lines:
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\setver.exe    Need?
DEVICEHIGH=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\DRVSPACE.SYS /MOVE
I can type config.sys, but "edit config.sys" is met with "Bad command or
file name". Tried entering "attrib config.sys", but got same error
message. I have "EMM386.EXE in C:\WINDOWS. If I need that in config.sys,
how do I get it in, if I can't access Edit command? There is edit.com in
C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.

For those who wish to comment on dblspace/drvspace, I have used the
program a number of times with success. This is the first I have had this
trouble.

Demetri Kolokotronis
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.