Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:54:49 -0700
7bit
From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
When you try to print you get that error message?  In what program?  What OS
do you have?  Can the printer do a self test print?  When you look in device
manager under ports, do you see "Epson Printer Port (LPT1)"?  Are you
getting this message from the Epson status monitor, like it won't show
remaining ink and says there is a communications error?  I got the latter
periodically from Epson Stylus Photo 700 (which I still have and use).
Mostly what I've done is just uninstall the status monitor, and install a
fresh copy.  That always solved the problem.  If you're getting an error
message from a program that it won't print, that's something different.  Are
the ink cartridges out of ink?  Are the cables properly connected?  If so,
then you need to uninstall the printer and reinstall the latest drivers from
www.epson.com.  Do not install new drivers over old ones, follow the
instructions on the download page for your printer.  Joel
-

My newly installed Epson 600 does not wish to communicate with my
computer...

It worked for a while and now I just get an error message that that there
is communication error...

any ideas?

I checked the hardware settings and there seems to be no conflict in
LPT1...

Thanks!

Al

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: