Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:03:05 -0400
From: "Stacie Tolen" <[log in to unmask]>
> A question: is it all fluorides which are harmful or it is especially
sodium
> monofluorophosphate (the one that's in your toothpaste, "industrial
> fluoride")? I am wondering if saying that fluoride is "bad for you" is
like
> saying that sodium is "bad for you". Whether or not a trace mineral is
"bad
> for you" depends upon a lot of factors, yes?

I doubt that flouride in tea is in the form of a simple salt, it is probably
bound up in some complex molecules I would think. Fluoride seems to
accumulate in the bones. Bioavailability in tea is lowered by the addition
of milk, presumably due to the calcium binding with the flourides. Little
good that does to us paleos though.

--Richard