Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 15:32:18 EDT
In a message dated 3/31/01 2:13:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 While I'm pretty sure this is true, just playing the advocate..what is
 exactly wrong with refined sugar? Is it only the issue of insulin spiking?
 In that case, what about spreading small amounts - say 1 tablespoon a time -
 through the day - taking it with your meals to slow down absorption.

What's your point?  Sugar is 89% correlated with deaths due to heart attacks.
That's what's wrong with sugar. And 91% correlated with deaths due to breast
cancer.

Of course if you eat small enough quantities it won't harm you. You could
consume arsenic in small enough quantities to be harmless. The question is,
how much is too much?  And if we knew the answer to that............ I guess
you have to go back to that overall carbo consumption, in grams, of some set
figure- 20 grams, 70 grams, whathave you.

Personally, I don't bother with this. I just eat small amounts of food
(scrambled eggs, can of sardines, turkey soup (one quart), clam chowder,
seeds, nuts, rolled tacos, half bar of dark chocolate, black tea, etc.) Works
for me - I maintain by weight on this, and feel extremely fit and energetic.
This small scale snacking is more paleo, I think. Most peoples around the
world do not eat large quantities of food off one plate -- they usually have
a series of small bowls. This is how paleo native Americans ate.

It is really a question of reducing the desire for sugar, such that when you
eat something that is very sweet, it comes as a shock. Then you know you've
heightened your sensitivity.

Charles