EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jeffrey Pledger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:00:08 -0500
there are several different ways in which you can solve this
problem.  Plantronics makes a headset designed specifically for the
situation you described.  I believe it can be purchased through MAXI-AIDS
catalog or directly from the manufacturer.  this headset isn't cheap, about
$200, but it works very nicely.  I use one at my office to connect to the
phone and an external voice synthesizer.  One ear hears the voice synth and
the other has the telephone and a headset mic to use for that function.

However, if cost is an issue, you can go buy single ear headsets for about
$59 to work the telephone end of your problem.  Then in the other eare, put
a small earphone piece to attach to the voice synth.  This may be a little
more uncofortable for the user, but is less than $70 to implement.  Good
luck.Jeff Pledger