EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Glen Ashlock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:28:54 -0500
A big thanks to everyone who participated in the assessment software on-line
survey!   We still need a few more completed surveys before our deadline
next Monday (3/25/02).  If you have an interest in computer access for
people with disabilities, please read the information below and spend a few
minutes to take our survey at http://www.kpronline.com/surveys.asp.  Your
input now is very important for us to make sure the final version meets your
needs.  Thanks for helping us out!

Glen Ashlock

I am part of a group working on development of functional assessment
software to assist professionals who provide educational, vocational, and
clinical interventions in the area of computer use for people with
disabilities.

This will be an assessment tool that can help diagnose difficulties with an
existing interface; evaluate and compare the expected performance with
potential access systems; plan training interventions; track changes in a
client's abilities over time; and measure the effectiveness of an
intervention.  It will collect and help clinicians interpret quantitative
assessment data.  The software will be used for both in-person interactions
(where the client visits the clinic or the clinician visits the client's
home) and remote interaction (as part of a telerehabilitation program).

We want to ensure that the software fully meets the needs of clinical and
educational professionals.  Please help us understand your needs by taking a
few minutes to complete an on-line survey at
http://www.kpronline.com/surveys.asp.  The survey lists a variety of client
tasks and features that might be implemented in the software, and we would
like your feedback on how useful each of them might be to you.

If you would like more information on the project, please check our website
at http://www.kpronline.com or contact Glen Ashlock at
[log in to unmask]  The project team includes Heidi Koester, Ed
LoPresti, Rich Simpson, Bill McMillan, Pam Moore, and myself.  We appreciate
your time and insights.