Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:41:29 -0700

Hi everyone,

I wanted to thank you all so much for answering my post on reactions to GF
diet. I am new to the list and new to this summary stuff so please bare with
me!:)

The majority said that they became worse starting the GF diet. The worsening
periode varied from 3 or 4 days up to a week sometimes up to a month, and
then they began to slowly feel better. Some had some set backs after 3 or 4
months. A friend said that the first year is usually weired. Some suggested
that you might be allergic to other stuff as well and that makes the diet
not work well and hence the setbacks. These things can be canoil, vineger,
corn etc. Sometimes the intestines are damaged so they are extra sensitive
to pork, beef and things like that which are difficult to digest. A friend
suggested the worsening of symptoms starting the diet is natural due to
detoxification of the body.

A few people didn't feel any worsening of their symptoms starting the diet,
they rather felt better as the time went by. One friend was actually
surprised that you feel worse starting the diet.

Thank you so much for your help and sharing your experiences, you are
great:)

Lili