From:
Kelli Wages <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:11:21 -0400

 Thank you so much to all of you who have given me your pumpkin bread
recipes and suggestions.  I've gotten quite a few responses, so I
thought I'd post them, thus far.

Kelli

Michigan

We have a pumpkin tea bread recipe on our
website...www.clanthompson.com/day2day/day2day.htm. Just scroll through
the directory on the left hand side until you come to "Recipes". Click
on it. Click on breads and then click Pumpkin tea bread. I hope you like it!

Best wishes,
Lani K. Thompson

I made pumpkin bread a few years ago, but alas, don't have the recipe
with me.  I bet the following would work, though:

Take your favorite pre-GF pumpkin bread recipe and substitute gf flour
in the same amount (I use half rice flour and half tapioca) for the
regular flour and add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum for each cup of flour.
Make sure all ingredients are gf (of course).  Bake as usual but the
time may vary.

I've adapted a lot of my 'old' gluten based recipes this way and usually
have good success.

Best of luck.

Becky in Va.

Yes there is a bread recipe, but it is more like a cake. The recipe can
be found in the cookbook Cajun and Southern Gluten-Free Delights by
Aileen M.

Bennett. If you cannot find the recipe I can send it to you. I am busy
right now so let me know.

Kathy

Just use any pumpkin bread recipe and substitute Bette Hagman's GF flour
mix for the flour. Add approx. 1 tsp. xanthan gum per cup of GF flour.
It works great. You can convert several recipes this way. Use whatever
recipe you used to use before going GF. Enjoy!

J. Bigger
Kansas

for banana bread, I used my regular recipe from Betty Crocker's CB and
just substituted a mix of rice and tapioca flour and added xanthan
gum..it's very good, too...experiment a bit... If I remember rightly, I
think the mix was 7/8 rice and 1/8 tapioca flour

Karen

I would just use that, with the 4-Flour Blend + several teaspoons of
xanthan gum. I've adapted basic pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipes
that way, to great success.

The proportions for the 4-Flour Blend, if you don't happen to have the
GF Gourmet Bakes Bread, can be found at the bottom of the following web page:

http://www.celiac.com/recipes_pancakes_01.html

Good luck!

Chris
Minneapolis MN

Here's a great all purpose recipe - I've used it for zucchini, pear, &
banana breads - all turn out well, so pumkin ought to also.  you may
want to add a little vegie oil to it with pumpkin, it being a bit drier
consistency.

1 3/4 cups rice flour (not sweet rice!  Brown or white rice flour work fine)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on your sweet tooth
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed or shredded fruit or vegies
nuts or chocolate chips to taste!!!

Preheat oven to 350.

Sift flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt together

Cream shortening, add in sugar and then eggs - beat till reasonably
smooth

Add flour and shredded fruit/vegies a bit at a time; mix till well
blended.  If it seems too dry, add a little water, or oil to the mixture
- the oil works a little better.

Add choc chips &/or nuts

Grease and flour pans (a bundt pan works great - 2 loaves worth of
batter)

Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Enjoy!!  Kyra

Try gfutah.org
Pam
California