From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:15:24 -0700

Hi Everyone,

My mother who is a celiac was put on Dilantin for a seizure she got from an
alcoholic drink in 1999. She is now in the hospital on Dilantin because of
a seizure caused by Dilantin and Novo Lexin 500 an antibiotic. Dilantin has
caused her to lose bowel and bladder control, has caused many seizures in
1999 and 2000 when she was on it before and it has caused noticeable brain
damage.

I have read that Lupus is also caused by Dilantin as well as permanent
brain damage and blindness, osteoporosis and total degeneration.
Has anyone else had this problem?

The doctors don't seem to know much about celiac and I have not been able
to change their minds about drugging my mum unnecessarily.   Mum is 78 and
going downhill.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks for a wonderful list!

All the best,