Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:06:35 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I did try calling Danon but never got
through.  Here are  the replies I received.

"I called Dannon a few weeks ago and their flavorings are from a gluten
source.  Yoplait and Kroger brand are gluten free."

"The natural flavorings may not be g/f per Danon.  They can't guarantee
it. If you have the time, Dannon plain yogurt is good mixed with fruit
in the blender.

I make a yogurt smoothie with 1/2 cup apple juice, 1/2 cup plain fat-
free yogurt, a banana and 1/2 cup of frozen fruit such as strawberries
or peaches.

 I add a little more apple juices if it is too thick.  I put it all in
the blender and puree in the morning for breakfast.

The nice thing about the plain Dannon yogurt is that you know it is g/f,
and then you can make your own fruit flavored yogurt using a blender."

So,  it appears that Danon is "NO LONGER" gluten free.  I, for one, will
continue to use it because I am not having any problems with it.  For
some reason, I have tried Columbo and Stonyfield and have had problems
with both of them.  Yoplait doesn't have Acidophilus and am not able to
digest it.

I am not able to drink milk or soy in any form but for some reason Danon
gives me no problems.  I would even consider making my own yogurt, at
this point, but would be afraid that the milk or soy would bother me.
Is there any one out there with the same problem  or does any one have a
suggestion?

Simone,NH