BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rev Clyde Shideler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:41:06 -0500
To: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your continued interest in the Office of Disability, Aging
and Long_Term Care Policy's (DALTCP) website.  This email is to let you
know of recent site updates and additions.

(http://aspe.hhs.gov/daltcp/home.htm)

SECTION UPDATES

Along with continued updates to the Research Projects, Reports, Discussion
Group and Site Map sections, the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) now
includes general information relating to the US Department of Health and
Human Services.  More office-specific information will be added in the
months to come.

DALTCP*s website was awarded the Study Web Academic Excellence Award in
February 2001.  This is the second time that our website has been chosen as
one of the Internet's premier sites for educational resources for students
and teachers. We appreciate all of the input and suggestions (and
encouragement) we have received from our users, and will continue to strive
for excellence.

NEW REPORTS AVAILABLE
(Most of these reports can be printed directly from our website.  Look
under *What*s New* for more information.)

-  Clarifying the Definition of Homebound and Medical Necessity Using OASIS
Data: Final Report (March 2001)
_  Older Americans 2000: Key Indicators of Well-Being (2000)
_  POLICY BRIEF: The Diversity of Welfare Leavers (2000)
_  Private Payers Serving Individuals with Disabilities and Chronic
Conditions (January 2000)
-  Residents Leaving Assisted Living: Descriptive and Analytic Results From
a National Survey (June 2000)
_  Risk Selection Among SSI Enrollees in TennCare (February 1999)
_  Screening and Assessment in TANF/Welfare-to-Work: Ten Important
Questions TANF Agencies and Their Partners Should Consider (March 2001)
-  State LTC Profiles Report, 1996 (April 1999)
-  State Welfare-to-Work Policies for People with Disabilities:
Implementation Challenges and Considerations (August 2000)
_  Understanding Medicaid Home and Community Based Services: A Primer
(October 2000)

We have also added HTML versions of the following older reports to the site:

_  RESEARCH AGENDA: Personal Assistance Services and Related Supports
(December 1994)
-  The Federal Role in Consumer Protection and Regulation of Long-Term Care
Insurance (June 1991)

COMING SOON

Reports currently in the works:

-  Barriers to and Supports for Work Among Adults with Disabilities:
Results from the NHIS-D
-  Cash and Counseling: Consumers* Early Experiences in Arkansas
-  Coordination of Care for Persons with Disabilities Enrolled in Medicaid
Managed Care: A Conceptual Framework to Guide the Development of Measures
-  High Service or High Privacy Assisted Living Facilities, Their Residents
and Staff: Results from a National Survey
-  Medicare Post-Acute Care: Quality Measurement
-  Study of Medicare Home Health Practice Variations: Background
Information and Qualitative Findings
_  Supportive Health Service Needs of Children with Disabilities