From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:59:49 EDT
In a message dated 4/11/01 7:49:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 He says: "The populations of Toulouse in France and Belfast in Northern
 Ireland have almost identical collective traditional risk factors for heart
 disease, yet the respective mortality rates vary more than threefold.

I'll bet this has much more to do with their consumption of french fries and
soft drinks than with milk. I'll bet the sugar consumption in Belfast is way
higher than Toulouse. These people eat like the British, or the Scots -
totally junk food, all fried (fish and chips in batter), white bread, lots of
sugar in their tea, guzzle soft drinks and a fast food outlet on every street
corner.

Toulouse is nothing like that. Toulouse is in a part of France where they
know how to eat. There won't be anything like the consumption of fast food
and soft drinks. Remember that Seely found an 83% correlation between sugar
consumption and heart disease.

The problem with these scientists and nutritionists is that they don't know
how to eat. You have to be a French chef to know that.

Charles
San Diego, CA