RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:20:20 +0200
Jean-Claude wrote:
>i hate the taste of corn way too sweet unless the are heirloom varieties
>like the blue hopi that i grow) and more on the starchy side. for me sweet
>corn is disgustingly sweet like edible pods peas or seedless watermelon ...

Hm, I like sweet corn sometimes. I remember some years ago I had a big
need for it. This year I ate nearly nothing.

>more time goes and less i can stand commercial varieties of fruits and
>vegetables and more wild taste is appealling.

The same for me. Overbreeded fruits are just sweet and empty. And the
stop is to weak. One never knows if it is enough. Also there is some
little feeling of disappointment after eating them. Some sort of feeling
that there was a fraud.

Recently I ate red bellpepper. When I was near the end of one there
was a thought coming up: "Why aren't they turning hot at their end?
They should!"
I was disappointed because the hot taste was missing.

Red bellpepper has been breeded from wild pepperoni or chili which
always tastes hot at the end where the stalk is.

Best regards,

Stefan