From:
Phil Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 21:33:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/01 3:11:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Though not impossible, it is unlikely that the phone jack on the modem went
 kaput.  Try looking in Device Manager to see if the modem is properly
 installed.  Right click on "my computer", choose "properties", and then
 click on the "device manager" tab.  Scroll down until you see "Modem", >>

       hi  Group  , I also have a modem thats reporting no dial tone , but I
can get one on my phone plugged ito the ' phone '  jack ,  Could . would some
kind person convert the above instuction for use with WIN 3.11 !!! ,  Some
people still use the old stuff  !!! , I have already done the remove
reinstall stuff  ,  If I can`t get it to work my connection to the outside
world ( on this `puter )  is kaupt ,  I haven`t found a replacement modem at
a price I can live with ! ,  Phil
 oh  ps , it is a Quicklink ll from US Robotics

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com