From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:41:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/01 2:14:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  As far as I can tell, he
 relies mostly on testimonials, and there is no bibliography. >>

I looked at this website www.watercure.com. Some of the testimonials seem
quite impressive. However, I would say that this approach is too simplistic
(I have not read the book). First of all, traditional peoples do not drink
much water. Native americans were noted for traveling long distances and not
drinking much. Also, traditional societies tend to drink herbal infusions and
lacto-fermented drinks rather than plain water.

However, mineral waters, as found at health spas and hot springs around the
world, have long been used in balneotherapy. Drinking these waters certainly
have health benefits, and these are well documented at many of the leading
European spas, such as Baden-Baden and many others, and in this country at
Saratoga Springs, and others. This is being rediscovered as part of a
holistic treatment, and more people are discovering the benefits of "taking
the waters".

Native americans used all these hot springs, and just regular immersion in
hot mineral water will cause a feeling of well being and will hydrate the
skin, although apparently you do need to drink plenty of water when
undergoing this treatment.

Charles
San Diego, CA