David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:01:45 -0700
Charles Alban wrote:

> In a message dated 4/20/01 10:10:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>> I average a little over a pound of meat a day, say 400-500 grams per day.
>
> This is a lot of meat, isn't it? How many calories is that? If it was all
> fat, it would be over 4000.

I am doing a low carb diet - mostly protein and fat - all raw. Every 3 or 4 days
I have a little fruit or some greens. I am spending a lot of time in ketosis. It
actually feels pretty good. I sometimes feel a little restless. This goes away
if I go work out. I notice that I have much less hunger eating this way. I used
to eat at least 25 pounds of oranges a week along with the meat and fat.
As far as quantity of meat, I buy 10-12 pounds at a time and eat twice a day.
Each time I am eating as much as I want. The only way I know quantity is looking
at the label as I am running out and dividing the weight by the number of days.
I have no idea about calories. When I work out - every 7-9 days - I do full body
workout, heavy weight, low reps to exhaustion and then allow my body to rebuild.
i am 63 and much stronger than I have ever been. Feels good to have muscles. My
height is 5' 6" and I am currently about 175 pounds. I spent 15 years as a vegan
with about 12 years raw and 3 of those as a fruitarian. In 1996 I started eating
raw fish and a year later started eating red meat raw. This was just a trial but
once I felt the difference I never looked back. YMMV but this works for me.